The sources on the life of saint Joseph are rare , but works allow us to draw a portrait by the contours which prove to be precise, coherent and particularly rich in lessons.
7 large outlines of the personality of saint Joseph show the exceptional dimension of Joseph and the contribution he has in our lives.
Joseph, the Father and the Bridegroom
Joseph, earthly father of Jesus, is the one who raises, educates the Child but also and above all the one who protects his body and helps him to grow in Peace and Security.
Joseph is the Bridegroom of Mary, he participates in her Mystery and protects her.
Joseph the Carpenter, the Architect, the Galilean
Like Saint Paul, Saint Peter … Joseph has a job, he works, he has clients … This profession is particularly important since it works with wood, which is rare in Judea, and that this wood is used to build houses, ships, furniture … for new villages that are created in Galilee, a joyful and active land with its agricultural, fishing and trading activities on a major trade route between the Mediterraneanand the important Province of Syria.
Joseph the Silent and the Religious
The action, the education of the child, the life of a couple … in Listening, Silence, Sharing …
To learn more about Saint Joseph
- 2021. Le livre de l’année Saint Joseph – Suivis de prières et méditations – Pape François. Saint Jean-Paul II. Livre de l’année Saint Joseph. Editions Salvator.
- 2020. Joseph modèle de vie. Editions MDN Marie de Nazareth.
- 2019. Merveilles de Saint-Joseph. Jacqueline Deswaef. Editions de l’Emmanuel.
- 2018. Un homme nommé Joseph. Monseigneur Dominique Rey, évêque du Var. Editions Salvator.
- 2018. Joseph le silencieux. Michel Gasnier o.p. Editions Salvator / 2004. Les silences de saint Joseph. Le Laurier.
- 2016. Vie de saint Joseph. Volume 1, De la naissance de Joseph à la fuite en Egypte. Maria Cecilia Baij. Dominique Chanet, Samuel-Bernard (frère). Editions Téqui.
- 2006. La Saga de Saint Joseph. Christian-Michel Doublier-Villette. Editions du CFRDJ.
- 2006. L’Apocryphe de Saint Joseph à La Salette. Christian-Michel Doublier-Villette. Editions du CFRDJ.
- 2008. Actes du 1er Symposium Saint-Joseph. Editions du CFRDJ.
- 1997. Saint Joseph, époux de Marie. Traditions Monastiques.
On March 19, Saint Joseph is celebrated all over the world. This festival takes on particular importance in Cotignac.
February 20, 1660.
- Day of the apparition of Saint Joseph to Gaspard Ricard, a young shepherd dying of thirst.
- The same day, Louis XIV, who returned from Cotignac where he was on February 20 to thank Notre Dame for the gift of life, arrived in St-Jean-de-Luz to receive his wife, Marie Thérèse …
See the Work Schedule article.
Monastère St Joseph